- Do NOT damage the Derivative Gaming name.
- Provide all information required. Profile Picture, Email, Gamer Tag, etc
- Server will always be hosted on the Derivative Gaming Dedicated Box. Not individually owned by the server host.
- Donations will completely and utterly be directed to the Derivative Gaming paypal.
- Server hosts are not to ask or request donations to their own paypal, even if forwarded to Derivative Gaming at a later date.
- Uphold a high server standard, including staff members. See Basic Community Standard and Server Standards below.
- Derivative Gaming logos and emblems can be used on the server and must not be modified in any way.
- You will be provided a Derivative Gaming Email for use with donations and support for the server.
- You must adhere to all Derivative Gaming Staff member requests within a reasonable time period.
- If you decide to leave Derivative Gaming you must adhere to shutdown procedures, see below.
- Custom files and addons will continue to be used by Derivative Gaming if you decide to leave, even if purchased by the server host.
Server Host Responsibilities and Requirements:
Server Host Requirements:
- Server Hosts are required to supply a profile picture that will be displayed on the Derivative Gaming website, yourself or something that represents you.
- Server Hosts are required to supply an email contact outside of the provided "@derivativegaming.com" email.
- Server Hosts are required to supply their ingame name or gamer tag used ingame to be displayed on the Derivative Gaming Website.
- Server Hosts are required to give their real names to Derivative Gaming, for legal reasons only.
In-game Admin Panel Access:
- Server Hosts are required to provide the Founder, Chairman and required staff the highest access to ingame admin panels on all servers.
- Derivative Gaming will CLAIM the server under the Derivative Gaming GameTracker account.
- Derivative Gaming will require two server restarts, at a random point in time, to claim the server on GameTracker.
- GameTracker information will be displayed on our server list/s.
- Server Hosts are responsible for donations forwarded to the Derivative Gaming paypal to pay for our server costs.
- Server Hosts may be required to donate if the server is not performing to the recommended standard by Derivative Gaming standard (AKA a Dead Server).
- Server Hosts will only ever ask the server host to donate if the server is performing incredibly below the required standards, for Example a "Dead Server".
- Age restrictions are based on maturity level.
- Server Hosts cannot use another adults (Mum and Dads) credit card to fund their server.
- Server Hosts must be 18 years or over, if under 18 you may request a senior member be responsible for your server.
Server Host Important Requests:
- If Server Hosts are contacted by Derivative Gaming staff they must respond within 48hrs.
- Any requests made by Derivative Gaming staff must be adhered to by Server Hosts within a reasonable time period (Example: 48hrs).
Server Staff Member requirements:
- Server staff must be structured appropriately. (Example: Head Admin, Admins, Moderators, etc)
- Server staff must uphold the same server standards as the Server Host.
- Server Hosts must uphold the staff server standards of care and responsibilities.
- It's recommended server staff be over 15 years of age, but not required if deemed mature by the Server Host.
- Server Hosts are responsible for providing the Server Standards to server staff members verbally.
- Server Hosts will be provided a personal Derivative Gaming email to use (Example: [email protected]
- Server Hosts must monitor the provided Derivative Gaming email regularly.
- Server Hosts are responsible for donation/vip packages provided on their servers.
- Server Hosts must supply a link to the Derivative Gaming donation page/s.
- Derivative Gaming will support Server Hosts in any donation requests.
- Derivative Gaming supplies plugins/addons for the majority of servers to be inbuilt into the server/s.
Ingame information requirements:
- Ingame information panels (MOTD) must reference to the Derivative Gaming website.
- Server loading screens for servers are available on request.
- Server Hosts may advertise their server externally, but must reference the Derivative Gaming website and community.
- Server Hosts cannot state that they own Derivative Gaming at any time, but may reference themselves as a Server Host for Derivative Gaming.
Use of Logos and Emblems:
- Server Hosts are allowed to use the appropriate logos and emblems on server information pages, but must never modify Derivative Gaming material.
- Server Hosts must not use the Derivative Gaming logo for profile pictures on any social media.
Basic Community Standards:
- Provide support to players on the server and forums whenever required within a reasonable time period.
- Moderate troublesome players with proper warning systems in place.
- Provide reasonable care in banning players from Derivative Gaming servers.
- Do not damage the Derivative Gaming name.
Server Host Standards:
- Servers hosted under the Derivative Gaming name must uphold a high community standard.
- If a Server or Server Host is found not upholding the highest community standards, the Server Host may be forcefully removed from their position on Derivative Gaming.
Sub Server Host/s:
- Server Hosts may chose to have Sub Server Host/s.
- A Sub Server Host may be underage, a previous Server Host that failed our standards or chose to be under a Senior Staff member for moderation.
- Sub Server Hosts can be used by Server Hosts to assist with server load or moderation.
- Players should feel welcome, not afraid to speak their opinions.
- If a player is ignorant of others, ask them to stop and proceed with minimal warnings before a temporary ban (Example: 24hrs).
- If a player is bullying another player, proceed to warn the player and place a temporary ban (Example: 24hrs) immediately if player persists.
- Unless specified in Server Information, microphone spam is not tolerated. Warn player and then proceed to place a temporary ban (Example: 24hrs) if player persists.
- If a player continues to break the above server standards on a continuous basis, place a permanent ban on the player.
- Server staff members should never permanently ban a user, unless warnings and temporary bans have been placed in previous offences.
Server Host Role Removal:
- If a Server Host is asked or forcefully removed from Derivative Gaming, the server host is to immediately remove all material provided.
- When a Server Host is asked to cease their role they can sign the server over to a Senior Staff member. This user may continue being a Sub Server Host on the basis they are being moderated.
- When a server falls below the recommended player base or popularity, a Server Host may chose to sign over the server to a Senior Staff for moderation and assistance.
Host Leaving Procedures:
- Servers must be kept in working condition when leaving Derivative Gaming.
- All files saved externally must be deleted by the Server Host.
Server Shutdown Procedures:
- Server Hosts must notify the players of the server shutdown.
- Server Hosts must point players to the Derivative Gaming website to find more server options.
- Server Hosts may be asked to promote a secondary Derivative Gaming server option to players.
- Server Hosts must ask if any Senior Staff want to take over the server to keep it alive.
Dead Server Classification:
- Does not perform to recommended standards of performance.
- Server has not had players join for over 2 months.
- Server Host has not reported any plans for over 2 months.
- Deemed by Senior Staff as no longer required or duplicate of another popular server.
- Derivative Gaming will not remove your server due to popularity issues, unless deemed as a "Dead Server".
- Terms and Conditions can change without notification.
Become a Server Host! Fill out the below form!
Thank you for considering Derivative Gaming for hosting your server!
We appreciate your support!